If you are going on an exchange or a similar stay abroad, it is possible to sublet your room while you are away. This is a good opportunity to cover the rent during your stay.
A subtenant can either be found through PKS, IASTE, or through your own personal contacts. See pks.dk/boligsoegende/fremleje.
In order to become a subtenant you need to be younger than 30 and be an active student.
Next step is to sign a contract with a subtenant. You can find the subleasing contract template on PKS’ homepage:
- If you are looking for a dwelling (You don’t live at the dorm currently): pks.dk/boligsoegende/fremleje
- If you are a resident (You live at the dorm and wish to sublease): pks.dk/beboere/fremleje
The contract is sent to PKS after signing with documentation of study activity and cause of subleasing.
When the contract has been authorized by PKS then the sublease can begin. The subleasing period will often be continued to be paid by the sub-lessor to PKS while the subtenant pays the rent to the sub-lessor.
Important to know
- The maximum length of a subleasing period is 6 months.
- The size of the rent paid by the subtenant is the usual rate which is standard rent + monthly use of the laundry facilities.
- Subleasing is between the subtenant and the sub-lessor and all damages to the room during the subleasing period is therefore the sub-lessor’s responsibility. It is therefore a good idea to agree on a deposit. The size of the deposit is up to the sub-lessor but can’t exceed three months rent.
During the subleasing period it is possible to store your personal belongings in the dorms sublease room. You can get access to the room by contacting the sublease person, who you can find on the VIP-list