Garbage sorting

At the dormitory there are various options for sorting waste. Please use these, and don't set aside your waste. Instead put them in the right containers.

Sorting guide



  • Cans from beverages
  • Canned foods
  • Metal cookware
  • Small things of metal
  • Foil trays
  • Metal below 1 meter in length
  • Remember to rinse packaging - with cold water


  • Plastic bags
  • Larger metal items
  • Spray cans and pressure bottles
  • Electronics, eg. toaster, telephones etc.



  • Plastic bottles and containers
  • Plastic tubs
  • Plastic lids
  • Plastic bags and plastic films
  • Remember to rinse the packaging - with cold water


  • Toys
  • Larger plastic items
  • Rainwear and wellies
    (because of the pvc-contents)
  • Corrugated plastic. Gift ribbon
  • Plastic containers from paint, chemicals and harsh detergent (they often have a warning label)



  • Newspapers and magazines
  • Advertising
  • Envelopes - also window envelopes
  • Paperback-books and phone books
  • Stationery
    (paperclips can remain)


  • Cardboard
  • Plastic
  • Milk cartons
  • Books– hardback
  • Plastic bags
  • Advertising wrapped in foil



  • Glass from food items
  • Wine bottles and liquor bottles
  • Bottles of juice
  • Mason jars
  • Glass shards from the items above
  • Remember to rinse the packaging - with cold water


  • Ceramics
  • Porcelain
  • Crystal
  • Window glass
  • Common light bulbs
  • Compact fluorescent lamps
  • Empty medicine jars

If it cannot be put inside the glass container, then it goes to municipal waste.



  • Cardboard boxes, Papkasser, corrugated and carton
  • Cardboard packaging from toys, toothpaste etc.
  • Toilet paper rolls
  • Egg trays
  • Remember to flatten the cardboard or compact it to lessen its size


  • Dirty packaging
  • Pizza boxes
  • Milk- and juice cartons
  • Books – hardback and paperback
  • Plastic
  • Flamingo
  • Paper

Bulky waste - the pony fold


  • Furniture
  • Office chairs
  • Desks
  • Beds
  • Large flammables
  • Electronics: TV / screens / amplifiers / computers
  • Spray cans
  • Car batteries / Small batteries


  • Garbage that can be put in the dorm's other waste containers
  • Cardboard
  • Smaller metals / Metals below 1 meter
  • Small plastics
  • Kitchen waste / Municipal waste
  • Glass
  • Paper

See which keys you need to use under Keys.

Municipal waste


  • Organic waste
  • Toilet waste
  • Kitchen waste
  • Clothes and shoes
  • Clean and empty plastic paint canisters
  • Glass (that can't be put in the glass container)
  • Flamingo
  • Porcelain
  • Everything that doesn't belong in the other containers and isn't hazardous waste.


  • Hazardous waste
  • Wellies
  • Plastic canisters with paint
  • Cardboard
  • Large amounts of pure plastic / metal
  • Paper
  • Overflow of containers - please use another if a container is full



  • All types of batteries


  • Everything else

There are two places for empty batteries at the dorm. One hangs outside the inspectors office door, and the other is in the bulky waste room - the pony fold. Both can be used at all hours of the day.

Hazardous waste

Fluorescent lights, old CFS, paint waste and generally everything labeled with hazard symbol can't be put in any of the aforementioned containers. Batteries, fluorescent lights, low energy bulbs, leftover paint, spray cans and other hazardous waste can be dropped of with the Inspectors during office hours. See under Inspectors to find their office hours.

Read more about hazardous waste at Gladsaxe municipality's homepage: Hazardous waste

Guide from the municipality

The municipality has a guide for garbage sorting that can be used if you still are confused about what goes in which containers: engesk-bolligforeniger

Overview of the garbage containers

At both ends of the bicycle sheds there are garbage containers, which are meant for kitchen waste. At one end of each bike shed there is a container for glass waste and one for cardboard- and paper waste. Additionally there is a large, green container meant for cardboard and paper, and is place next to the fenced off bulky waste room, also known as the pony fold.

Last edited: 22. November 2021